Putnam County is YELLOW this week on the WVDE color-code map. This means we will begin in-person instruction for students who chose the in-person model.
We will begin on a staggered schedule, with half of the students attending every other day to learn the new procedures and protocols.
- Students with last names A-K will attend Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of this week, Tuesday and Thursday next week.
- Students with last names L-Z will attend Tuesday and Thursday this week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday next week.
- All students will continue remote learning on the days when they are not in attendance.
- Virtual students will continue daily remote learning, but please note that the class schedule will be different this week due to the in-person students having mentor meetings.
- The bell schedule for this week will be as follows:
- Mentor 8:35 - 9:35 (Morning PCTC Students will depart after mentor)
- First Block 9:40 - 10:25
- Second Block 10:30 - 11:28 (Staggered release by grade level, afternoon PCTC students will depart at approximately 12:00)
- Third Block 12:31 - 1:55
- Fourth Block 2:00 - 3:24 (Drivers and parent pick-up released, buses will be released one at a time)
Note the later start time for classes. This is to allow the staff to social distance the students upon arrival. Upon entering the building, students will pick up their breakfast (if they choose to eat) and go straight to their first block classrooms. Students should not arrive before 8:00 am.
Keep in mind there will be a number of protocols in place to help keep everyone safe. If your child has a fever, any symptoms, or has been exposed to someone with the virus, please keep them at home.
All students and staff must wear a mask covering the mouth and nose at all times except when eating (must bring their own mask). Hand sanitizer stations have been installed in all classrooms, and desks and high-touch areas will be sanitized at the end of each class.
Students will not be assigned lockers. They will be allowed to carry a backpack or bag for their belongings.
The "front" staircases (near the commons and band room) will be for travel UP only. The back staircases are for DOWN travel only. Hallway floors are marked with large red arrows indicating the direction of travel (stay to the right)
Other procedures will be covered by teachers this week. We are looking forward to seeing you at school!